About Stok Kangri Trek:
The ascents make Stok Kangri an enduring challenge. The Stok Kangri peak provides you an entire view of the Zanskar and the Indus Valley. This entire region looks amazing because of the deserted surroundings and the trails with plenty of ridges. Through the entire trek, you will experience many magnificent views starting from Leh where you get the perfect combination of natural aesthetics with cultural beauty till the whole path to the Stok Village, full of natural majesty and dark green trees. The route will take you through glaciers and steep slopes until you reach the summit ridge. You will be trekking on an average of 7-13 hours each day for fulfilling the dream trek to Stok Kangri peak. This out-of-the-ordinary trek to Stok Kangri will be one of the greatest moments to cherish, in your life.
Quick Facts About Stok Kangri Trek:
Stok Kangri Trek Duration: 9D/8N
Stok Kangri Trek height 20180 Ft.
Trek Grade: Difficult
Mt Stok Kangri Trek Ladakh Trekking distance: 40 km
Temperatures: Day- 18° C to 10° C & Night 6° C to -5° C
Best Time to do Mt Stok Kangri Trek Ladakh: July to Mid September
Airport: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
ATM: ATMs are available at Leh
Start & End Point: Leh
About the Activity:
Stok Kangri Trek Inclusions:
1. Accommodation – Stay at a guesthouse/ Hotel at Leh on Day 1, Day 2 & Day 8.
Camping during the trek for the rest of the days.
2. Meals – Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner, we provide simple, nutritious veg food on all days of the trek.
3. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent, utensils, long ropes.
4. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
5. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
6. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
7. Transportation: Transfers to and fro from Leh to Stok village.
Tips for Mt Stok Kangri Trek Ladakh:
1) Mentally prepare yourself: As this is not an easy trek, you should prepare yourself mentally for the task that is ahead of you. This means, be prepared for extreme weather conditions. There is an option to shower at the hotel, afterwards you people keep clean by using baby wipes and a bowl of warm water each day. The toilet situations can be difficult at times, dig and pit type toilet tents will be there.
2) What to Carry: Warm clothes, sunglasses, proper trekking shoes, gloves, trekking stick, woolen caps among other trekking equipment like bag packs, walking stick, head-torch, etc.
3) Prepare for extreme weather: Stok Kangri is a complete expedition with several snowy blizzards, lush meadows, and narrow trails. The temperature at the summit remains below 0 degrees Celsius and sometimes falls sharply to minus 30 degrees Celsius. This is an arid region, and from June to September, skies are clear, which allows you to soak in mesmerizing views of the Zanskar Range and Karakoram range. During this period, you can enjoy abundant sunshine in the region. When the sun sets the temperatures drop quickly. Wear a warm hat while sleeping and take a Nalgene bottle filled with hot water and keep it in your sleeping bag to stay warm.
4) Stay Hydrated: Make sure to drink plenty of water while on the trek. Do carry extra water bottles with you at all times.
5) Altitude Headaches: A headache can be one of the first signs of altitude problems. Do carry suitable medications for the same. Small headaches are common and should not stop you from trekking or worry you. However, if it persists or increases, it might be advisable to ascend or even trek down.
6) Avoid the Sun: Taking care of your skin and eyes are important. Sunburns happen much quicker at high elevation so make sure to apply sunscreen a few times a day and wear a hat. Sunglasses are a must-have and if you wear prescription glasses it’s good to come to Ladakh with a pair of prescription sunglasses or at least a clip-on.
7) Dress in Layers: Layering allows you to easily regulate your body temperature and stay comfortable while trekking. It’s even better if your layers have zippers so that you have even more control of your body temperature.
8) Bring a camera: Mt Stok Kangri Trek Ladakh is one of the most beautiful Treks of Ladakh. So much so, that one would want to stop at every step and take pictures to make memories for life.
9) Bring Extra Batteries/Charging Packs: In the cold, your batteries will die much quicker than they do at home. This holds true for basically every kind of electronics you'll be using from phones to cameras to kindles. While you can charge at hotels, however, bring spare batteries and a portable charger.
How to Reach Leh:
Jet Airways, Go Air and Air India provide daily (once every day) flight service between New Delhi and Leh. In the summer season, the services may even be provided twice a day. You will enjoy the flight as you fly over many untouched areas and even some mountain ranges. The aerial view is just fascinating and gives a great start to your expedition.
The road from Manali to Leh is only open in the summers. The road trip may take you 2 days, but depending upon the weather conditions, the travel may also extend to 3 or even 4 days. You should also make sure that you carry at least two spare tires. It is advisable to carry a sleeping bag with you well, as the bus may stop in the middle of nowhere for the overnight stay.
Another route to Leh via Srinagar also takes around two days. On this route, you would pass through some lonely yet famous villages like Kargil and Khalsi.
The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
All applicable refunds will be done in the traveler's Thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash.