Experience a maximum altitude of 14,222 ft.- and participate in the holy ritual of taking a dip in the Bhagirathi river
Catch the glimpse of magnificent Bhagirathi group of three soaring peaks during your journey
Witness the short trek to Bhojwassa which is studded with trees and is mostly barren and often compared to the Arctic Tundra region
The Gomukh Gangotri trek takes you through many of the significant pilgrimage spots of Hindu devotees such as Gangotri Glaciers, Gaumukh, Bhagirathi Sisters, etc.
About the Gaumukh Tapovan Trek:
Embark on an unforgettable 8-day Gaumukh Tapovan Trek in the Indian Himalayas, filled with stunning landscapes, challenging terrain, and unique experiences. Trek through the meadows of Tapovan, see the source of the Bhagirathi river at Gaumukh glacier, and gaze at the majestic Mt. Shivling. Relax by the Bhagirathi river at Bhojwasa, and immerse yourself in the local culture of the Himalayas.
Quick facts about Gaumukh Tapovan Trek:
Duration Of Gomukh Trek: 8D/7N
Maximum altitude: 14222 ft.
Gomukh Tapovan trek gradient: Moderate
Gomukh Trek route distance: 46 Km
Temperature: Day: 18°C to 12°C and Night: 5°C to -5°C
Best time for Gangotri Gomukh trek: May end to June, September to October
Start Point/End Point: Gangotri
About the Activity:
How to reach Gangotri:
The nearest railway station to Gangotri is Rishikesh 234 km before Gangotri on NH58 and is well connected by railway network with major destinations of India. Trains to Rishikesh are frequent. Taxis and buses are available from Rishikesh, Tehri Garhwal, Uttarkashi, and many other destinations to Gangotri.
How to reach Gangotri by Air- The nearest airport to Gangotri is Jolly Grant Airport which is located around at the distance of 250kms. This airport is well linked to Delhi and there are numbers of daily flights to Delhi which connects to major parts of the country.
Gangotri can be reached only via road in a bus, privately operated jeeps, SUVs/ other vehicles. The journey from Rishikesh takes about 12 hours. Taxi/Jeeps are also available from Taxi Stations in Rishikesh, Haridwar & Dehradun. Tourist cabs are available from Dehradun/Rishikesh.
Gomukh Tapovan Trek Inclusions:
1. Accommodation – Tented accommodation throughout the Gomukh trek.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the Gangotri Gomukh trek.
3. Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
4. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
5. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
6. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
7. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on the Gomukh Gangotri trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
All applicable refunds will be done in the traveler's Thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash.